Australian singer Anthony Callea has revealed his horror experience with Covid-19, before taking aim at the government for the “shambolic mess”.
Anthony Callea has detailed his “scary” symptoms after testing positive to Covid-19 in a lengthy social media post.
The 39-year-old Melbourne singer said he had been in “the most excruciating pain” since waking up on Sunday, and was taking “a ridiculous amount of pain killers” to control the side effects.
“This sh*t is real and from what I can understand and what my Dr has observed from what I have and am going through, it seems I have the Delta variant,” Callea posted to his 140,000 Instagram followers.
“My head felt like it was about to combust, my throat, well I have never felt pain in my throat like that before, it was like someone stabbing me right in the throat!
“My chest was tight, I felt as though I was about to burst my ear drums and my body overall just felt like it was shutting down.”
Callea, who is double vaccinated, said he took a rapid test as soon as symptoms emerged, which returned a positive result. His husband, Australian actor Tim Campbell, tested negative.
The pair drove to a South Melbourne testing site that same day, where their PCR results eventually returned yesterday.
“The past 3 days have been really scary. I’ve never felt like this before in my life,” Callea added.
“Today is the first day I’m actually feeling somewhat human, I can’t speak from all the coughing, I’m really tired and throat is still sore, but at least I feel alive.
“Thankfully I’m double vaxxed, would hate to think what I’d be like if I weren’t.”
Callea thanked Campbell – who remains negative – for taking care of him in isolation, as well as his friends and family for delivering groceries, before he took aim at the federal government for the “shambolic mess” of the pandemic.
“If only our Government would do the right thing by others and it’s people and manage this shambolic mess!” he wrote.
“I could go on and on but I don’t have the energy.”
The former Australian Idol contestant finished by expressing his disgust over Serbian tennis player and world number one, Novak Djokovic, being granted an exemption to play in the Australian Open in Melbourne.
“Seeing that the Australian Open is allowing Djokovic to play is a slap in the face to every single Australian and business that has done the right thing in the past 2 years,” he said.
“It’s absolute tone deafness and double standards from Tennis Aus, and the Vic Gov, along with the Federal Gov that initially are responsible for international borders.”
Originally published as Anthony Callea’s lengthy post about ‘scary’ Covid-19 symptoms as he slams government
Source: Sun Herald