AN investigator who probed Madeleine McCann’s disappearance has landed in Tenerife to join the search for missing Jay Slater.

Former British cop Mark Williams-Thomas claims he can get answers for the 19-year-old’s family “in three days”.

Jay Slater, 19, has been missing for more than a week

9

Jay Slater, 19, has been missing for more than a weekCredit: Pixel8000
Former police detective Mark Williams-Thomas has flown to Tenerife

9

Former police detective Mark Williams-Thomas has flown to TenerifeCredit: ITV
Dozens of emergency workers are scouring the Masca ravine

9

Dozens of emergency workers are scouring the Masca ravineCredit: PA
Police are using sniffer dogs to aid the search

9

Police are using sniffer dogs to aid the searchCredit: PA

9

Apprentice bricklayer Jay vanished on the island last Monday, and rescue crews have so far found no trace of him nine days into the search.

Mark reached out to Jay’s mum Debbie Duncan last week to offer his assistance.

The investigator has probed a string of high-profile missing persons cases, including Nicola Bulley’s disappearance.

He said on Sunday: “I have this morning reached out to missing Jay Slater’s mum offering the help of my team to get her answers as to what has happened to Jay.

More on Jay Slater

“Lots of speculation about what could have happened and if they give me total access and with feet on the ground I will very quickly be able to say if his disappearance is him alone or if it has third party involvement.”

Mark produced and featured in Madeleine McCann: The Case Against Christian B, a documentary about the toddler’s disappearance in 2003.

He worked as a police officer with the met for around 10 years and then became a private detective.

The experienced investigator also claimed he could get to the bottom of the case “in three days”.

Most read in The Sun

He told MEN: “I would quickly be able to do establish whether or not there are suspicious circumstances – but I’d need total access to everything and to speak to all the witnesses involved.”

Mark has also vowed to “track down” the two British men Jay met at NRG music festival and was with before he vanished.

Missing Jay Slater spotted staggering back to his feet in front of worried clubbers in shock new video at Tenerife rave

After going to a rave on June 16, he headed to Masca on the north of the island, with the two Brits.

Apprentice bricklayer Jay stayed at their rented Airbnb for a couple of hours before trying to make his way back to his holiday accommodation.

He made a final frantic call to friend Lucy Law last Monday morning.

Jay told his pal he was lost in the middle of nowhere with no water and had just one per cent battery on his phone.


It comes as…


It sparked a mammoth search involving sniffer dogs, drones, helicopters as well as dozens of emergency crews.

Tenerife cops have now also called in reinforcement teams from Madrid – including specialist sniffer dog squads.

The Sun today revealed cops in the UK have still not quizzed two men who hosted Jay at their Airbnb before he disappeared.

The holidaymakers were quizzed by local cops at the small cottage before they travelled back to Luton Airport.

Both men are said to hail from Luton, Bedfordshire. One has the nickname ‘Johnny Vegas’.

Cops in the UK revealed they have no intention of speaking with the men, despite growing concerns over Jay.

Missing person posters have been put up in Tenerife

9

Missing person posters have been put up in TenerifeCredit: Ian Whittaker
Rescue workers have been searching for Jay for more than a week

9

Rescue workers have been searching for Jay for more than a weekCredit: PA

Lancashire Constabulary, whose offer of assistance was refused by local cops, said it will not pursue the tourists.

Bedfordshire Police, which looks after Luton Airport, will not seek to speak with the men, alongside London’s Met.

It comes as Jay’s machete attack victim today defended the search for the missing teen and urged sleuths to stop tormenting his family.

Tom Hilton was left with his skull split open when an eight-strong gang – including Jay – ambushed him with a machete, golf clubs and an axe.

Tom, then 17, was left fighting for his life after the assault in Rishton, Lancashire, in 2021.

But despite his ordeal, brave Tom has slammed online trolls and told them to instead “help find” 19-year-old Jay, who vanished in Tenerife more than a week ago.

He wrote on Facebook: “Whoever’s writing on these TikToks give it a rest. This young lad’s missing and his family’s heartbroken.

“Put yourself in their shoes. Stop talking nonsense on social and get this lad found, mentioning my name all this and that.

READ MORE SUN STORIES

“And have some respect and help find this boy and get him back to his family.”

Jay (right) pictured with his mum Debbie and brother Zak

9

Jay (right) pictured with his mum Debbie and brother ZakCredit: Tim Stewart
Jay Slater's family have shared a grainy CCTV image they believe could be him

9

Jay Slater’s family have shared a grainy CCTV image they believe could be him

Timeline of Jay Slater’s disappearance

By Ellie Doughty, Foreign News Reporter

SUNDAY JUNE 16 – MONDAY 17

Jay goes to a rave at the 2024 NRG music festival in Tenerife, around Arona on the south of the island

8.35pm – Jay posts a smiling Snapchat video of him laughing with friends

He leaves the rave with two men he met that day and is driven back to their accommodation across the island

MONDAY 17

7.30am – Jay posts a Snapchat of a hand holding a cigarette in the area where the accommodation was – near the rural de Teno Park on the north of the island

8.30am – Jay calls his friend Lucy Law and tells her he missed a bus, had one per cent of battery left on his phone and was stuck in the “middle of nowhere”

9am – A missing persons report is filed and the search for Jay begins

TUESDAY 18

2am – Police knock on the door of Jay’s mum Debbie Duncan’s home and tell her to catch the first flight out to Tenerife

7am – She flies out from Manchester Airport alongside her son Zak to help with the search

Debbie is sent a Snapchat message saying “Kiss goodbye to your boy, you’re never going to see him again, he owes me a lot of money.”

WEDNESDAY 19

12.30pm – Police move the search to the south of the island briefly after a false sighting

Cops search his hotel room for clues as his mum says there was “nothing untoward there”

Debbie gives a heart-wrenching interview where she shares fears he has been “taken” and says “I just want my baby back”

THURSDAY 20

Cops begin day four of the massive search for Jay

FRIDAY 21

Lancashire cops offer to help with the search but Tenerife authorities say they are “satisfied that they have the resources they need”

Search turns to 22,000ft ravine in Masca – part of an area dubbed “the badlands” by locals

SATURDAY 22

The sixth day of the search begins with sniffer dogs, cops, mountain rescue and firefighters again taking to the hills in northern Tenerife

Possible new sighting of Jay places him near a church with two men at 6pm on Monday – although unconfirmed by police

Jay’s dad Warren and brother Zak visit the search site in Tenerife

SUNDAY 23

Cops focus their search around small outbuildings in de Teno park near where Jay’s phone last pinged

Jay’s mum Debbie says trolls are comparing her to Karen Matthews

The GoFundMe set up by Jay’s friend Lucy surpasses £30,000 after just three days

Exclusive Sun footage shows Jay appearing to fall and stumble back up at a rave before he vanished

MONDAY 24

Search for Jay enters eighth day

Police expand search area north to parts of Buenavista del Norte

Jay’s dad says his family are in ‘a living hell’

Source: Sun

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Incoming Rookie Caused ‘Nightmare Thoughts’ of Broncos Legend on Draft Night

Getty General Manager George Paton of the Denver Broncos. Denver Broncos fans…

European stocks close higher on rising commodity prices

New applications for US unemployment aid, a proxy for job cuts, jumped…

Judge denies request to lift ban on ASU students suspended for anti-Israel protests: report

Join Fox News for access to this content You have reached your…